A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

taco mania

I hate it when people go for long periods of time without posting on their blog site. It's annoying when I log in first thing in the morning, check my emails and voicemail, and then set about to the highlight of my morning activities... checking my favorite blogs for updates while sipping my coffee. It helps me start my day. So how hard is it when I go, expecting to get a fresh jumpstart on my day, and find that nobody has posted anything new. It has the ability to cause my day to go downhill from there. All that to say, sorry guys. I'm sorry if I've ruined ya'lls days lately by not being very current. Something called "a full day's work" keeps getting in my way.

SO... Today for lunch I took hubs with Steph, Pres and I to the best taco place in the Metroplex. It's taco heaven, people. I mean, I've eaten a lot of tacos (being a Texan, of course I eat tacos), but these are the best "bought" tacos you can get. They are sold in the back of a gas station off Industrial near the Dallas county jail. Yes, I'm serious. Fuel City, the Fina station off Industrial at 30 has the best tacos I've ever eaten. Today was hubs first time to go there with me, and now he's completely sold on them. Mmmm... so good.

Last night Marz and I went to see Atonement which was a great movie, but not at all what we were expecting (and what the heck is up with my italics button key? It's all backwards and working funny...). We were expecting something along the lines of Pride and Prejudice and we GOT something along the lines of Pride and Depression - no wait, make that Prideless Depression. If you haven't seen the movie (this italics thing is messing up my head), go. It's a great story. Just watch Zoolander before you go or something... you'll need it. But girls night out was fun, I got to dress up in my jeans and favorite boots and my black velure jacket, and we were successful at having a grand time, even if the movie was a downer.

Today I'm back at work, writing emails and scheduling appointments, and wishing I could go home and take a snoozer since movie-girl night left me kinda sleepy this morning. Oh, and I didn't sleep well last night. I had crazy bad dreams about vampire hybrids (part I Am Legend diseased people, part 30 Days of Night vampires) chasing us and killing everybody that hubs and I hold dear, followed by a dream about hubs accidentally shooting me thinking I was breaking into the house (weird dream), followed by a dream about a tornado and a close call to a farmhouse that hubs and I apparently own out in middle of nowhere Oklahoma. All of these were very different dreams, but all had the recurring theme of MY IMPENDING DOOM. I have no idea what it all means... and quite assuredly, I don't really want to know. So, other than the fact that these dreams disturbed what otherwise would have been a peaceful night's sleep, I haven't given them a second thought today (well... maybe I haven't given them an eighth thought today - they were weird dreams, people).

Now I journey back from blog-world to works-for-a-living world to keep scheduling appointments and writing emails until the clock finally releases me from my responsibilies and sends me home where I am determined to dream of nothing but fields of daffodils all night long. So good day, people, and good night, too. Sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home