A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Thursday, January 03, 2008

random details

My coworker has walked by my office three times now, shook her head, and turned back to her office for what she has forgotten.

I just swallowed a cherry pit. Not on purpose, but I was so excited about the yummy cherries I was eating that I accidentally swallowed a pit. Now I keep wondering how that thing is going to pass through my system, and then I get grossed out and decide that I really don't want to know.

Our front desk receptionist sounds a little like the receptionist on Office Space, "Please hoooold..."

I had a rock in my shoe all morning. Caught in the heel of my boot where it is so worn down and hollow, and that rock rattled every time I took a step. I absolutely destroyed and mangled a large paper clip, but I finally retrieved the perpetrator and have found relief when I walk again.

The New Year brought a decision to diet (or really just to eat healthy and exercise more), a decision which I am actually pretty pumped about. Healthy food can be really good and fun. And I'm excited about the prospect of being skinnier.

The rest of my day would be far too boring if I tried to put it down on paper, so I will end there. At least you all got to share the fascinating parts with me (yes, I know that it is very sad that those are the fascinating parts of my day). Christmas was awesome, should have more details for you on that later. New Year is starting out very well, although it's a little bit of a drag to come back to work, mostly because I just liked being able to lay around the house and stay in my pajamas until 2pm. But the Lord has blessed me with work, and I must be grateful for the opportunity to earn money for such things as food, rent, and 2-for-1 DVD's at Amazon.com.

Happy New Year, folks, glad to have you along as I tell you the tale of my life in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home