A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Friday, January 11, 2008

happy, happier, happiest

Thinking can be good for me sometimes. Although often my pensive personality can drag me down by overthinking problems, there are times when thinking and reflecting can actually make me happy.

Take today, when I was mulling how much I hate the project I'm working on here at the office, and the phone rang. It was a couple looking to set up a premarital appt with temp boss. The guy on the phone was all nervous and excited and all those little emotions that newly engaged couples go through...

I hung up the phone after talking to him and smiled. What a great adventure he's heading for! Engagement was stressful for hubs and I, because we were trying to do too much (which is an all-to-common problem we have). But marriage... that's the best thing we've ever done. I was just emailing with hubs about just that. As tough as marriage is - even for newlyweds - with the petty disagreements over stupid stuff, and for hubs and I the first 6 months have brought my health issues and learning new ways to care for one another... but even with all of the tough stuff, marriage is very, very good. I can say without a doubt that my decision to marry hubs was the best, most rewarding decision I've ever made. He completes me, he leads me gently, kindly, and directly as the head of our household, and he totally cracks me up. We laugh together all the time. From the silly songs we sing in the car to the accidental goof-ups that both of us are prone to, we never go a day without laughter.

Funny, I thought I loved hubs when we got married 6 months ago... and I did... but so much more fully developed is that love now! I can't wait to see what we look like in 10, 25, 50 years. He's incredible - not perfect - but the best husband I could have ever dreamed of being blessed with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home