A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

out of material

If you're wondering why I haven't written anything in a while, it's really not because I've been that busy, or because I didn't want to. It's simply because I'm out of material. I have nothing of interest to write as of now.

I guess I could bore ya'll with stories of Thanksgiving in Oklahoma, and how Scott and I were delayed a day because I got sick and we barely made it out to the family gathering in time to taste turkey (his family are carnivores. The veggies would be fine, but if we wanted turkey we had to be on time). Or of how I got to sleep in while he went hunting on Friday morning even though it was 20 degrees outside and I slept so good on that queen sized waterbed with all the blankets and the heat on while he froze his little toushy off in the deer stand and shot nothing (even the deer slept in because it was cold).

I could write about how Scott and I drove out to the back pasture in Daddy Henry's truck to button up the deer stand before we left and it was so cold that I had to wear Scott's camouflage insulated coveralls and he laughed at me and said I was adorable as I tried to walk in them. And how we stopped at the home of his great aunt and uncle who share the pasture with his grandparents, and who raise deer and have a pretty much thriving deer tick business in the process and she took me through the house (camouflage coveralls and all) to show me her 5 inside Christmas trees and her seven bookshelves of little Christmas villages and I had to think up something creative to say about each one...

Or I could write out our experience in McAlister, Oklahoma, on the way home when we stopped at Walmart and might have actually walked onto the set of Deliverance and been more comfortable, but we found an unfathomably good deal on pomegranates and quickly discovered why as we picked some out and held an impromptu class for an eager audience of no less than five on how to eat them.

For that matter, I could have written about the weekend and relaxing on Saturday and watching so much football and Sportscenter that even I know almost all of the NFL quarterbacks by name and could quote a lot of their stats by now. And how on Sunday Scott got drafted to play the piano for the service at his parents' church and we drove up for a second Thanksgiving with his parents and brother but his Dad got a bad viral infection so we wound up eating yummy Mexican food for our second Thanksgiving and then visiting his grandparents at the hospital where Maw is recovering from hip replacement surgery.

Lastly, I could have written about going to the Mavs game on Monday night and being sorely disappointed in their poor performance and subsequent loss, but greatly enjoying playing with Scott and my camera phone in the Dart train on the way home.

But I didn't write about any of those things. Because, honestly, I didn't think them blogworthy or interesting. Until now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home