A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

it's how i roll

It's after hours in these hallowed halls. Quiet has entered the building... funny how when everybody else exits, that's when quiet comes in. She's subtle, creeping in and spreading her fingers into each office as workers depart.

And she must be stopped. Why? Because I'm still here. Still clacking away on my keyboard, concerned that if I don't stop her from taking over, she will soon be too strong for me and I will succumb to her bait of sleepiness. So I blast my music from my worn computer speakers, trying to hold her coming off for another 15 or 20 minutes, until I can go home. So bring it on, Weezer. Bon Jovi. The Monkees. You are my last remaining friends as twighlight dwindles. Stay with me as I work late into the evening... and hedge the coming of quiet with me until tomorrow.

Rock'n'Roll, people. I'm working late again! Happy 7 month anniversary, hubs! See you whenever class releases you and my work slows enough for me to slip out without catching the eye of the stacks of paper on my desk.

UPDATE: It's about 15 minutes later, and "our song" just came on from my playlist. Wow, how depressing am I to be sitting in my office, by myself, listening to our song, on our 7 month anniversary. I really need to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home