A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

thanks for the memories

There is a certain song by a certain group that I heard on a certain radio station (certainly) this morning on my way to work. The song is called "Thanks for the Memories," and is about, in a word, promiscuity. Funny thing, I'd never really listened to the words until this morning. But now that I have it changed my view toward the song a little...

One thing it definitely made me think of, though, was my hubs. How much I appreciate his faithfulness to me, the way he loves me and treats me with respect. We may have our little squabbles from time to time, but it is without doubt that my hubs is made from solid gold. I can't imagine being married to anyone else, he's the love of my life. The way he has learned me in just these last almost 5 months of marriage, the way I have grown to love him even deeper through our short marriage months, it's all the beginning of the most wonderful adventure of my life.

I thank the Lord that He gave hubs to me. I will never forget the loneliness of single life, the times when no one was there. I will never forget the way that the Lord sustained me through my single years and grew me in ways that I could never have grown within marriage. But as I have started this next chapter, the Lord is growing me in even more new ways as I see my life completely differently through the lens of marriage.

So, Scott, I love you more than words could ever come close to describing. The way you look at me, the way you smile, your laugh... When you call me on the phone sometimes I close my eyes and just listen to the sound of your voice (just not while I'm driving. :-). I've loved these almost 5 months, and can't wait to see what unfolds in the days, weeks, months, years, and decades to come. I love you. We know what memories are really all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home