A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Monday, November 19, 2007

an upside

Being newly married does have some pretty happy perks. Really far down on the list (but still on the list) is the one I encountered today.

Sitting here working at my desk, the phone rings. Some girl from Microsoft Online is on the phone wanting to do some sort of customer survey. Two years ago I signed up for a program through Microsoft Online for a former boss. After he left the office, I unsubscribed. They've been bugging me to reconsider ever since. Today was like every other, they start with a customer satisfaction survey and want to tell me of how they've improved and talk me into resubscribing. But today, first of all, she wants to verify that I am Bonnie Little. I said no. Haha. She asked me to transfer her, and I said "There is no one by that name working in this office any longer."

So I was technically telling the truth, because legally and marriedly (?) that isn't my name anymore. So being newly married and all that can, apparently, get you out of being stuck on the phone for 20 minutes telling somebody over and over that you don't have time for a survey. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home