A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

the return

I'm tired of apologizing on my blog all the time about the infrequency of my posts of late. So no apology will appear this time. In it's stead, let it just be said that pregnancy is difficult and exhausting, and that this has now been one of the fastest summers I have ever seen.

I can't believe that July is already almost halfway done! May went by like a flash, with a week of RUF Summer Camp in northern Pennsylvania (beautiful country, near the NY border), a rushed 4 days back at home to unpack, do laundry, and repack, and then 2 weeks of vacation in North Myrtle Beach. The waves and the sand were exactly what Hubs and I (and Murry) needed to relax from the long year before.

June ushered in another busy time, the first week spent getting our guest bedroom arranged and ready for guests, painting our master bedroom, and sundry other details in preparation for parental visits. Hubs' parents came the second week of June, and my parents came the 4th week. We greatly enjoyed both visits, and enjoyed showing off our little house and little town.

Last Wednesday, Hubs completed his written exams for ordination, a process which has been going on for a year but which will finally be completed by the end of the month! We look forward to him not having to study for those exams any more, especially once our little girl makes her appearance around mid-September.

Speaking of, I'm now 31 weeks! Next week I officially start the eighth month of pregnancy... I can't believe how fast this baby has grown. The nursery is beginning to come together, crib and changing table are in place, my mom is working sweetly on baby girl's little bumper pad, sheets, and blanket for her little baby bed, and the walls are ready for us to paint in early August.

Hubs and I have been enjoying Lamaze for the past 3 weeks, next Thursday is our last session. Supposedly after that we'll know everything we need to know to have this baby! I'm getting really excited and antsy just to have her here. I'm so ready to see that sweet little face and kiss those precious cheeks. And I'm gearing up for the sleepless nights and countless loads of laundry.

So that's really the recap of everything that's gone on for the last few months, I still have great visions of blogging often and chronicling this time in our lives... Lord willing I'll be able to discipline myself better and find the time in my days to make this a priority.

Soon!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home