A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Monday, January 12, 2009

life happens fast

It occurred to me as I was sitting on flight # something or other on the way from DFW to Philadelphia that I hadn't blogged in, like, three weeks. So I did what any self-respecting traveler would do. I waited a week longer and then sat down in front of the keys.

This past month has flown by. Hubs' training, fundraising, family time, craziness introducing Murry to a bunch of people and new situations (some he liked more than others... namely, my Mom, sister, and Hubs' Dad). He also enjoyed chasing my nieces around the living room, especially cute was the youngest, all of 17 months old, following Murry around with her little finger waggling in the air yelling, "Sit, Murry, sit!"

Christmas itself brought fun and laughter and lots of tattered wrapping paper and a new set of luggage from Hubs' parents in which we could tote home all of the spoils of the holidays. We checked three bags that eeked by on the weight limit (in fact, we had to transfer a pound from one suitcase into another right there in line... the people behind us loved that). Carried on the two smaller suitcases, as well as Hubs' backpack and Murry. It was a crazy sight as we meandered our way through two airports with dog in a bag on my shoulder and pulling two suitcases stacked together, Hubs toting his backpack and pulling three suitcases stacked together. Needless to say, we had an interesting time. But we got home really without a hitch (I was dreading security with dog and three carry-ons, but we breezed through), somehow got all of that luggage in Hans' Honda (I swear the trunk was dragging all the way down the tollway, though ;-), and made it to our cold but wonderful house. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see our house. Murry went nuts, running to all of his favorite spots and then checking his food and water bowl, disappointed that they had been emptied before the trip (I have this thing about not attracting bugs and small rodents to my kitchen. I like my kitchen vermin free!).

We spent this last week resting from the trip and enjoying our Christmas decorations, which I put up the day after Thanksgiving. We won't be taking down the Christmas stuff for another couple of weeks, we're determined to get the enjoyment out of them that we missed while in Texas. It's been great. Also great? The four inches of snow that's all over the place. Makes our Christmas decorations seem just that much more appropriate.

Tonight we have small group as soon as Hubs makes it home from a back to school event on campus. Until next time, stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home