A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ahem....

Dear Sweet Pennsylvania Neighbors of Mine,

(Especially those eight houses who can see into my backyard).

I must offer my apologies for what you saw if you were looking out your windows at approximately 12:30 pm this afternoon. That girl that ran out of our back door in her flannel pajama bottoms, ratty t-shirt, barefoot with hair frizzy and messy, white dish towel in one hand and soapy dishwater dripping from the other... yes. That was me.

While that is a very disturbing sight in and of itself, it must have become even more traumatic when that apparition began leaping up and down in the frozen grass screaming, "It's snowing! It's snowing!" - especially considering the sparseness of the flurries that were swirling down for only a few minutes.

I could offer you endless excuses about how I have been snow deprived from my youth or how snow is my favorite weather phenomenon ever, but something tells me that by now your opinions of me are already formed and nothing I could say would ever erase the disturbing images from your mind's eye.

For the haunting scene that will be forever emblazened upon your memory, I am truly sorry. But I must warn you, in the future when you see snow falling gently outside your window, resist the urge to look into the backyard... because what you saw this afternoon is quite likely to occur again soon.

Sincerely,

Your crazy new neighbor from Texas

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home