A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Monday, March 03, 2008

quick break

Ok, so I forgot my lunch today. Which means that sitting at my desk eating and blogging is not an option for me today. So I'm going to take a little snippet of my lunch break now, early, because I've just been dying to write a new post lately and have not been able to find the time (internet at home has not been working very well).

So to catch you up, quickly, fun times with friends, lots of friends, and family lately. First, it was Ryan and Caty spending a Friday night with us because they needed to be at a conference on Saturday and they live 40 minutes away... I haven't laughed so much in a very, very long time. I mean - sides hurt, make it stop or I'm going to puke - laughing so hard.

Insert laundry, fun times with hubs and sitting on the couch talking and watching Mavs basketball (I still say it was a bad trade - we didn't need Kidd!) - a lot - and then we arrive at this last week and Mavs game on Monday night, working late at a committee meeting on Tuesday night, supper and Xbox tournament with our friend Kruck on Wednesday. Thursday night held Stars game tix, courtesy of coworker/friend David, box seats in a suite (a suite!) with all the free hot dogs we could eat and cushy seats and fun times and platinum parking and on and on and on and it was the best Stars game EVER!!!

Friday night we found ourselves in Greenville for dinner with hubs' folks and then sitting up until nearly 1am talking and waking up the next morning for "lunch" with his grandparents that turned out more like "early supper" as we had steaks, scalloped potatoes, cake, etc. Much fun. Then our friend Jennifer came in town and we ordered pizza and watched Mothman Prophecies and got all creeped out together before watching some SNL to take the edge off, talking some, then heading to bed around 1am, again. Sunday was church, Jennifer's pick of barbeque for lunch (which she heard no complaining from me!), our subsequent flopping on the couch and groaning from eating too much until I fell asleep watching the Mavs game while Jennifer and hubs talked (probably about me). Jennifer left early afternoon and hubs and I fell asleep again, watched the OT Mavs finish, and then went to help our friend Marz pick up a chair she had purchased and take it to her apartment.

Now here we are, back at Monday. Wonderful Monday. This week holds a lot of fun, as well, with dinner with friends tomorrow night and then (GLORIOUS!) Triple Dip reunion on Thursday night! (Slumber party! Chocolate! Joy and happiness!)

I will explain more about the Triple Dips - who we are and where we originated - in the future because, alas, I am out of time for my quick dip into lunch break time today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home