A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Friday, February 15, 2008

does this face make me look tired?

What a week. For starters, at the end of today I will have officially clocked close to 60 hours of work. Hello, overtime! Hello, new shoes! Or, most likely, Hello, savings account!

Along with the sense of accomplishment that a 60 hour work week brings also comes, however, a sense of loss for not having really seen much of hubs all week. Sure, he's been there when I come stumbling in at 7, 8, or 10:30 pm these last few nights, vision cloudy with exhaustion. He's greeted me with a warm hug, a kiss, and dinner hot on the stove. He's recorded American Idol on TiVo for us to watch over supper-on-the-couch and he's made sure I'm all comfy and have a chance to sit and chill before crawling into bed about 2 or 3 hours later.

And we had a great Valentine's Day yesterday, I actually left work a little before 6 (a record!) and came home to flowers, a little music on the player, lasagna and cheesecake, candles and wine... Hubs is so amazing! It was perfect.

So the point of all this rambling is merely to send a shout out to my beloved's who all read my blog. I'm sorry, gals and guys, for the absence of our relational depth lately. Many of you have called and written, and I love you for it. It sucks that I feel void of relational energy. When I get home at night, the only thing I want to do is curl up on the couch with hubs and shout at the weird people who can't sing on Idol. And I know it's not an excuse and really no consolation for me not calling, but it's all I got. So, people, I love you all dearly, I'm not mad at anybody (I've gotten a few of those calls/messages, too), and I hope and pray to be less busy and back to being social shortly. Perhaps even tomorrow. In the meantime, please be patient, I have a touch of "hermititous" (and if someone looks that up and finds out that it is a real disease with gross symptoms, I don't want to know).

Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home