A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

much ado about nothing

So, there is so much going on, but so much I'm not going to write about. Someday I will disclose all, but at this point there is nothing that can be said. All in due time, my friends, all in due time. And, no, I'm not pregnant (why does everybody keep asking me that?).

Work has been busy, life has been good. This weekend hubs and I are heading toward the west to visit sister J, her husband T, and their passle of kiddos. We're excited about that, hubs has begun to appreciate the joy of being an uncle even more than before. As we were getting ready for bed last night, he grinned at me and said how much fun he felt like he'd acquired upon marrying me and gaining 3 nieces. For this reason, I'm even more excited about tomorrow afternoon and heading off in the direction of the west after work (the 7 hour drive after work doesn't really excite me, though).

In other news... I'm back. I'm me. Suddenly, here is the happy, healthy, flirty girl that I was before valium, before vertigo, before all the other things that have come in and stolen me away from myself. I don't really know what made the flip, and according to friends it wasn't that big of a flip (I think I've been more myself than I've felt like I have), but internally it was huge. It's like I woke up one morning and the world fell back into perspective. Hubs is loving it. He has "back," in some sense, the woman that he married. Our marriage has grown so much through the health trials and frustrations of the past year, and our relationship with the Lord has grown through the challenges, as well. But just because we were all growing doesn't mean it had to continue. Praise the Lord for healing, for a return to "normalcy" (whatever the fluid definition of that term really is). I'm back, I'm me, and I'm loving it.

By the way, in case you ever had a chance to wonder, hubs is the best possible husband ever. So patient and caring with me, supportive, serving, and loving toward me. He never complains about the late nights I have to work sometimes, I just come home from the office to find the candles lit, a place on the couch all set up with the remote control at one hand and a cold drink or glass of wine at the other hand, and a warm hug. Last night I worked until 10:30, and when I came home he even got my pajamas out and had those ready for me. He's awesome. I'm looking forward to the next chapter(s) that life has to offer us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home