A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

illustration

Flipping through the pictures from my wedding a bit ago, an illustration of Scripture jumped out at me. Abby (my photographer and dear friend) snapped this shot of me peeking through the window at hubs just minutes before I was to walk down the aisle to become his wife.


Often I flip back through our wedding pictures and remember the joy of that day, the day that I married my true love, my handsome hubs. Often, while doing this, I think through the many descriptions in Scripture of Christ's love for His bride, the Church. To me, as I flipped through today, I thought of 1 Corinthians 13:12, "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know even as also I am known."
Right now we are still in the time of peeking at our Groom through the dark glass, but soon the time will be fulfilled when the doors of heaven will swing open and we will be caught up to meet Him in the air, and thus we shall see him face to face as we are joined with Him. What a glorious wedding day that will be!

1 Comments:

  • At 3/28/08, 10:24 AM , Blogger Cyber-Shower? said...

    I really like the analogy you made with this picture. I will always remember that moment in your wedding, because I turned around and saw you looking through that window and started to cry, I was really hoping to get through the wedding without being a blubbery mess! Oh, well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home