A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Friday, May 09, 2008

the end of an era

It's finally here. This day I've been anticipating, dreading, looking toward for months now. This chapter is closing, and the next is opening. I drove into the parking garage this morning and considered it being my last morning to make that drive... and it felt strangely normal. I'm somewhere between where "business as usual" meets "drastically different," and I'm not quite sure yet what to do with myself.

But in about an hour I will be departing these halls, and I won't be coming back in on Monday to greet everyone. That feels weird.

I'm excited, though. We're openning this next chapter of our lives, and it feels really refreshing to know that this next move will be ours, a decision that hubs and I made together and have done on our own. It feels like such a married thing to do. And the best part of the whole thing? I'm taking my best friend with me (or, more specifically, he's taking me)! I look forward to the road ahead, even though it's a bit scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home