A Series of Divinely Ordained Random Occurances

"Our wisdom, in so far as it ought to be deemed true and solid Wisdom, consists almost entirely of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves." (John Calvin)

Monday, April 14, 2008

deadly projectiles

I have a poster on the wall in my office, a demotivational poster on change. It has a picture of a tornado tearing through a field and has the tag, "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles."

My friend Steph gave me this poster, as it is very fitting for our life of late. Actually, I think she gave it to me right before my wedding, but it has remained an ever-constant truth throughout the year (maybe I should take it down, now that I think about it). Last night and today are another example of the deadly projectiles that I have encountered throughout the year.

This weekend was nothing if not really busy. Hubs and I spent all day Saturday meeting with people about the work which we are heading into very soon, work that up until now I have been very quiet about in my blog, but that is now at the point where we can speak freely and openly. I will get to that more later in this post. The hectic weekend led us into back to back meetings at 11:30 for brunch, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm for supper, and 8pm on Saturday until we returned to our apartment to crash about 9:30. On Sunday we had church, a lunch meeting, and then a supper meeting. It was sometime after the supper meeting that I started coming down with an infection of some sort, and was up sick all night and finally fell asleep this morning at 6:15am. I was feeling not good for most of the day, but my Dr called me in a prescription for an anitbiotic and as of about 5pm, I have been feeling much better. I can honestly track it back and chalk up getting sick to just being so tired and stressed from not having a break all week. Ick.

On a little more fun note, I came home from work on Friday evening to find hubs playing games on one of these. He found a fantastic deal on Craig's List that we just couldn't pass up.

And subsequently, I spent most of Friday night and Saturday morning playing a lot of this.

So that was the highlight of our weekend, along with the preparation for ministry that we did on Saturday and Sunday. The winds of change are blowing, and they're blowing toward the Northeast. In about 2 1/2 months we will be moving! To Pennsylvania! It's such exciting times in our lives right now. The first week in July we are packing up our little apartment that has served us so well for our first year, and trusting God for our future in campus ministry at the University in Pennsylvania. We'll be a little north of Philadelphia and a little west of New York City in a town that is small enough that I'm not going to post the name on the blog, and the name of the school will from now on just be known as the University. In preparation for this, hubs and I have been fundraising in our "spare time" for our funding (both personal and ministry). We have discovered the surprising joy of fundraising. It's amazing to see the Lord's blessing through this process. It is so humbling to watch the Lord go before us and prepare hearts of those who we have met with, and to see people grow excited about our ministry and life in Pennsylvania. This whole process has been a wide open door welcoming us into the Northeast and our new lives in ministry.

So we're excited! Big changes. I'm quitting my job in a little more than three weeks, looking forward to being able to destress a little bit and cut down on "distractions" from the process of moving and fundraising and all the details that need to happen before we move.

Prayers are appreciated, we're going to miss our friends and family here so much! But we are so excited as we walk through this process of discovering what the Lord has ahead of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home